RE: adding space in ASM

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oralrnr@xxxxxxxxx" <oralrnr@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 08:55:12 +0100

Orlando,

You need to add an extra lun to the server, partition it, stamp the partition
with asmlib (as you did with the disks you are using now) and add the new asm
disk to the diskgroup.
Depending on the protection level of the asm diskgroup (external, normal or
high) you will need to add at least 1, 2 (in 2 different failgroups) or 3 (in 3
different failgroups) new luns.

The syntax to add a new asm disk to a diskgroup can be found in the sql
language reference guide.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime