Re: Wow - has anyone used ROW_NUMBER() to get around using a UNION statement when UNION ALL doesn't work??

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 18:50:57 -0500

Greg, I didn't want to include all that in a general discussion on the list.
I've got the plans, trace files and the tkprof outputs.

I wanted to gauge interest primarily.  Wolfgang, as an example, asked about
HASH GROUP BYs.  I'm not trying to solve a problem as much as discuss an
interesting idea.  So I wasn't sure what people might want to see AND not see.

Sent from my mobile device.  Please ignore any typos or misspellings.