Re: Wnnn blockers for grant operation

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 21:52:57 -0400

On 8/25/23 01:21, Laurentiu Oprea wrote:

Dear oracle community,

Can anyone help me with an opinion on why Wnnn processes waiting for "db file sequential read" will block some grant operations which are waiting for "library cache lock"?

Appreciate your answers.

I don't know, especially since you haven't listed the version and the platform. Is there a reason why you cannot activate 10046 trace on the process? Wnnn processes are space management slave processes. This has already been discussed in detail, by Nenad Noveljic. I suggested tracing Wnnn processes to Nenad as well. When I go to the archive and look for those old posts I see Tanel and Jonathan clearing things up for Nenad.

The discussion can be found at: https://www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/reads-by-KTSJ,8

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant