RE: Windows 2003 Standard Edition and the 2G limit

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lucdemanche@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:07:57 -0500

Yes, but I'm thinking you can do it on your present operating system.  I
don't see anything in the references that excludes Windows 2000
Standard.  You can set the 3GB switch in your boot.ini file which will
allow you to go up to 3 gig.  The reference to the Oracle doc is here:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/win.920/a95490/archite
c.htm

You can find more out by searching on VLM for (Very Large Memory)
configurations.