Where to get package procedure default value from data dictionary (8.1.7 and 9.2.0.4)

  • From: Tim Onions <tim.onions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:10:16 -0000

I'm writing SQL to summarise packages/procedures/functions right down to
parameters used, datatypes and defaults values. However, although I can find
a flag that shows whether or not a parameter has a default value or not I
cannot for the life of me see any view or underlying table that tells you a
parameter's default value (argument$ has a column called default$ but this
is always NULL). So, to rephrase, given this mythical function where would I
go in the data dictionary to find the default value "FRED" of parameter
P_Addressee.

FUNCTION fn_Format_Address
    ( P_Addressee      VARCHAR2 := "FRED"
    , P_Address_Line1  VARCHAR2 := NULL