Re: What is the INSTANCES modifier of the PARALLEL clause?

  • From: "Greg Rahn" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:22:36 -0700

I believe its deprecated.  Used to be used with OPS (version 7 & 8) on IBM SP2.

If you want to "light it up" with PQ, just use "alter table parallel"
which will set it to DEFAULT which is cpu_count *
parallel_threads_per_cpu, which would default to 2 * # of CPUs.  That
is usually more than enough to saturate the IO channels.

--
Regards,

Greg Rahn
http://structureddata.org