Re: What do you make of this?

  • From: Egor Starostin <egorst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 08:41:45 +0700

> II'm looking for ideas on how to go about diagnosing the SQL*Net waits
> (assuming they're accounting for the different between CPU and elapsed) or
> finding where the rest of the elapsed time comes from.
I think that the rest of the elapsed time comes from the children.
Download my profiler (link in signature) and analyze your trace with
it. There is a section in output called 'Statements Recursive
Relationship' which will show you the children of your 'UPDATE'
statement.

>  Thanks in advance
> for any suggestions!
My suggestion is to change the logic of COM+ application. It parses
twice for every exec instead of one parse for all execs. Note that
when you eliminate unnecessary parses you immediately eliminate about
two hundreds of 'SQL*Net message from/to clients' roundtrips.

--
Egor
http://www.oracledba.ru/orasrp/