Re: Weird tables created by oracle?

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David.Moss@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:18:33 -0500

Those are tables you have deleted, and you have the recyclebin parameter on.
I recommend turning the parameter off, but that is just me. =) Search the
manuals for recyclebin.

On 3/15/07, David Moss <David.Moss@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows how this tables came about:

SQL> run
  1  select     object_name,
  2     object_type
  3  from       all_objects
  4  where      owner='DAVIDMOSS'
  5  order by
  6     object_type,
  7*    object_name

OBJECT_NAME                    OBJECT_TYPE
------------------------------ -------------------
BIN$K5/32R4X/PvgQKjAAgAduA==$0 TABLE
BIN$K5/32R4Y/PvgQKjAAgAduA==$0 TABLE

24 rows selected.

SQL>

Do they serve a function? Are they safe to remove? I searched the net
for similar looking tables but found nothing relevant, so if anyone has
pointers they be very welcome :)

Thanks,

David.

This message is from FDM Group Plc, and may contain information that is
confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete the message and any attachments and notify the sender.  This email is
not intended to create legally binding commitments on behalf of FDM Group
Plc, nor do its contents reflect the corporate views or policies of
FDM.  Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or
partial, is prohibited. FDM Group Plc is a private limited company
registered in England (Reg. No. 2542980).

http://www.star.net.uk

Charles Schultz