Weird Server Slowdown due to Cloud Control / Enterprise Manager DB

  • From: "Marcos Colmenares H." <mcolmenares@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 15:58:52 -0430

Hey List,

Has anyone ever encountered any oracle DB, cloud control in my case, which
caused the server to lag in all executions (ls -l, top, df -hP, etc.). Its
happening on solaris 11 with cloud 12c.

Everything was working fine, then cloud went down and the server was really
slow. CPU is @ 99.8 idle, theres around 6 GB of free ram with eveything up,
11GB with cloud db down. We initially thought it was a hardware/storage
issue but its been determined to only happen when that particular DB is up.
RMAN is also there and working as intended. Shutting down the RMAN DB and
all processes on server and just starting up GCREP (cloud db) makes the
server grind to a halt.

We have 3 separate SRs open with oracle and have been working on this for
around 3 weeks and im still at a loss...

DBVERIFY turned up nothing. Any thoughts?

Saludos Cordiales,

Marcos Colmenares H