Re: Warning -OT

  • From: De DBA <dedba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:37:08 +1000

If I'd have to be retired (brrr.. the thought alone..), I don't think
I'd stay with scripting languages, unless there's a very good reason for
it. Instead, I'd look around for OS projects that appeal and need some
extra manpower. Identify the language(s) used in the chosen project and
study the code and paradigms in use.

That way you not only exercise the grey matter, but you get yourself a
proper work environment, complete with collegues, deadlines and goals.
And you get a chance to change the world for the better.. ;)

Cheers,
Tony

.. Perl is of course backwards compatible... always. :)