Re: Views and security

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 07:47:53 -0800 (PST)

FYI

Someone set this up this way as a previous job.

You get questions as to why the view is broken because the values aren't
showing.

I prefer just setting up the view to show the columns they are allowed to see
instead answering phone calls as to why they can't see the data, that they
think the view is broken and/or well why am I not allowed to see this data and
Susie can?

Just my opinion.