Re: Veritas Netbackup

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: murtuja_oracle@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:54:08 -0800

On 12/28/06, Murtuja Khokhar <murtuja_oracle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sir,

I need some help from you.

I have master server installed on Windows 2003 for Veritas Netbackup
Version 6.And I have  Oracle Database on Solaris 10.I want to take backup
of Oracle by using master server.

I want to perform Block level Increamental backup.It is available with
advance client option.So where to install Advance Client?On Solaris
machine or on Master Server?

You must install the client on the Solaris server.

Here is what you will find to be a very valuable tip:  The only
practical method to find relevant information on the Veritas,
excuse me, Symantec support site, is via google.
(this also goes for Microsoft BTW)

First off, locate the installation documentation for the client.  It should
have come with your software.

Goto http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/support/

Type in the product you need support on.

Then go to the downloads section.

The documentation may be downloaded, and it is generally very good
documentation.

Download the relevant installation docs, study and apply.

This is where google comes in.

The following google search string should yield the latest updates:
 solaris 10.1 client install site:veritas.com

Once the client is installed and you know it works (because you successfully

backed up some flat files) it is time to install the Oracle bits.

Once again, google for the SW:
 solaris Oracle client site:veritas.com

There are instructions with the software.

Be prepared to spend a day on it the first time you do it.

And Please provide me some third party documents for Netbackup means not
from veritas site

There aren't any that I am aware of.

NetBackup knowledge is a dear commodity.

--
Jared Still