Re: VMWARE Snapshots to backup Oracle

  • From: David Roberts <big.dave.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 02:36:05 +0100

"Danger, Will Robinson, Danger"

Why would enabling backup mode, mean that backups of online redo logs
are not required?

If you do a snapshot of the database while online, by implication the
backup will only be useful after recovery, and the redo logs would be
vital to guarantee the recovery?

Perhaps, I've missed something, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dave