Re: VCS instructions?

  • From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 11:46:14 +0200

We are running Oracle 9iR2 RAC + VCS on HP. We do not have any root
access and we can use all VCS commands (or at least all that I know
and need) such as hastatus, hagrp, hares, etc.
In addition, Veritas Cluster Manager GUI in Java is a rare example of
good Java client tool and one doesn't need root privs to use it.

We had two training sessions: VCS 3.5 Suite Overview for HP-UX and
VERITAS Database Edition / Advanced Cluster for Oracle 9i RAC
Overview. Instructor, was excellent. He was not Veritas employer or
trainer but a hands-on consultant giving training from time to time.

Btw, I would say that VCS is not an HA package but can definitely be a
component of an HA system.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev