Re: User rights

  • From: "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Michael.Fleck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:44:59 -0400

If by Oracle Applications you mean Apps 11i, then security is handled
within the product itself.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

On 4/29/05, Michael.Fleck@xxxxxx <Michael.Fleck@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi list members,
>=20
> we have some people in our departments, which do some user
> administration. The employees of this department work with oracle
> applications. Ths support people in the department want to know,
which
> access a user has to what tables, indexes etc.
> Which role or system-rights do I have to grant to the support people
in
> the department. With DBA rights they get the right information. I
tried
> the roles SELECT_ANY_CATALOG and EXECUTE_ANY_CATALOG and the
> SELECT_ANY_DICTIONARY right, but none of them worked.
>=20
> Any ideas, which right I have to grant?
>=20
> Best regards,
> Michael Fleck=3D20

Hi Michael,

Which queries do the support guys exactly use for this purpose? They
can't only query dba_catalog since this won't tell them which objects
a user can access. They must be using some queries against
DBA_TAB_PRIVS and the like.
If you can get their queries, it might be easier to find the right
sufficient role or privileges.

Regards,
Jerome