Re: Usage of the dbms_stats.gather_database_stats() procedure

  • From: Robyn <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:11:12 -0500

I've not used the auto sample size at all, but I am using the gather_stale
in some cases.

I would turn monitoring on and see how much the data is actually changing in
your tables.  In general, I've gotten the best results by getting complete
statistics with historgrams and leaving them alone.  I only regather stats
on tables that have very changable data.

Robyn

--

Robyn Anderson Sands
email: Robyn.Sands@xxxxxxxxxx