Upgrade from 8i to 9i Rel 2

  • From: "Boivin, Patrice J" <BoivinP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:24:31 -0400

The 9i Migration Manual tells us to ensure we don't have a user or role
named OUTLN in our database before we upgrade.

I did that.

Then, after running u0801070.sql, I noticed there were half a dozen data
dictionary objects that were invalid because... The OUTLN user didn't exist
and hadn't been re-created.

I found a Metalink note that included the code in the 8.0.5 upgrade script
to recreate the OUTLN user, after that we only had three invalid objects in
our SYS schema.

We're wondering now whether we should just NOT drop the OUTLN user before we
upgrade our databases, since it isn't re-created by the upgrade script.

So far Oracle's only response has been: "run the RDA", they didn't even tell
me whether they had seen this before or not.

Has anyone seen this before?  (about OUTLN I mean)

I'll run the RDA on our test server... Sigh  If they want us to run the RDA
every time, where is there more than one field to fill out when we submit a
TAR.

Patrice.