Re: Upgrade 9206 from Standard Edition to Enterprise Editon on Windows

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mphchan23@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 08:03:07 +0100

There will be a note on metalink, but essentially this would be my route.

1. Install the EE software in a new home and patch to appropriate revision
(9206 or 9208) - choose the software only install. This will put the new
home first in the path
3. Unset any Oracle environment variables (should be unset anyway).
4. Shut down the db and take a cold backup.
5. Use oradim - delete -sid <sid> to delete the old service.
6. use oradim -new -sid .... to create a new service.
7. startup upgrade and run catalog/catproc
8. when and only when you have run for a while create a new listener,remove
the old one and the old oracle software.

Usual common sense advice about testing this all first applies.

On 7/6/07, Michael Chan <mphchan23@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

Currently I have a production database running on windows 2003 with 9206
standard edition.

Due to capacity growth, I need to add partitioning options and so I need
to upgrade to enterprise edition.

Is there any straight path that I can upgrade directly ? Or I need to
uninstall and reinstall the whole software ?  Any recommended procedures ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Cheers,

Michael

--