Upgrade 11g to 12c - recyclebin

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:11:34 -0600

I can't get logged into MOS right now, so I'm posting my questions here. I
am preparing to upgrade an 11.2.0.4 database to 12.1.0.2. The preupgrd.sql
script returned the following error:

ERROR: --> RECYCLE_BIN not empty.
Your recycle bin contains 64 object(s).
It is REQUIRED that the recycle bin is empty prior to upgrading.
Immediately before performing the upgrade, execute the following
command:
EXECUTE dbms_preup.purge_recyclebin_fixup;

When I select a count from the recyclebin or dba_recyclebin, it returns 0.
I went ahead and executed the statement. I then reran the preupgrd.sql
script. It showed the same error. I ran the preupgrade_fixups.sql script
and reran the preupgrd.sql script. It still shows the same error. The
executions to purge the recyclebin said they were successful.

What am I missing? Do I really need to rerun the preupgrd.sql script? Am
I looking in the wrong place for the count? This is the only error I had
for this database.

--
Sandy
GHX