Unable to recover datafile - urgent

  • From: Manjula Krishnan <oradba.la@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:44:01 -0500

There is one datafile which shows status of "RECOVER". This datafile
was created in the wrong tablespace and immediately offlined. For some
reason a batch job is trying to read from this datafile, and it comes
up with ORA-376 and ORA-1110. I am not able to recover this datafile
because it needs an old archive log and that archive log does not
exist on the system.

How can I find out if this datafile has any objects in it? (I am
pretty sure it does not). And if it does not I would like to remove
this datafile.

Is exporting tablespace/dropping tablespace and reimporting my only option?

Thanks,

Manjula