RE: Unable to find SQL executed by blocking session

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>, <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:46:27 -0400

Raj,

I think what you're seeing is expected behavior.

If session #1 locks a row:
update tab_a set col_b=3D'hi there' where col_a=3D1;

then that SQL completes execution and the SQL address and hash
value in V$SESSION will no longer point to that statement.
But, until that session commits the transaction, the TX=20
lock is held.

So, it should be easy to identify a blocking session,
and even the specific locked row (if it's blocking another
session), but it's (I think) not possible to identify the
specific statement that was executed that create that
particular row-level lock.

Hope that helps,

-Mark