Re: Two instances out of one ORACLE_HOME (Windows 2008 R2 Server)

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: usn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:35:43 +0530

Martin,

You can have as many as SID configured and running on your single host,
provided there is suffcient memory.
have you checked the environement variables,  default SID is set what value,
did you checked the services in service panel of the the sids..whats their
status it should be either automatic or manual, started
you should be able to start the first one you configured I suppose...
did you configured the listener and tnsentries proprely..for default oracle
home with one sid usually there is no problem

tnsping abc
tnsping zyz
 they should resolve other wise you will get sqlnet.ora file error

mostly for the second one you are facing the problem
set you ahve configured two sids abc and xyz
then go to command prompt set ORACLE_SID=XYZ
sqlplus /nolog
conn sys as sysdba -> (if this does not work then try conn sys@xyz as
sysdba, provided you have proper tns entires)
startup file_name

thanks!
Subodh

--