Re: Tweaking the crs

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arunrao_oradba@xxxxxxxxxxx, Oracle Discussion List <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:20:31 -0500

arun chakrapani rao wrote:

>Sorry for the confusion Rac Gurus
>I was refering to the split brain in rac env
>I was not able to get a clear doc on io fencing which
>the crs take care of.

Good document to look at is Metalink Note:219361.1 . Good description
of the  split brain wait parameter can also be found at
ORAFAQ http://www.orafaq.com/parms/parm458.htm
In case of Oracle 9.2.0, list of hidden parameters can be found
at:: http://www.orafaq.com/parms/index920.htm
A mandatory document to tattoo on your skin is: Note:220024.1.
Of course, the sad story of dr. Jekyll  and Mr. Hyde is also an amusing
reading and nurse Ratchet is one among the classic literary characters,
so I will not withdraw my earlier recommendations.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA