Re: Truncate terminates

  • From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxx>
  • To: howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 16:12:55 -0500

On Dec 14, 2012, at 3:17 PM, Howard Latham wrote:

> Oracle 11g redhat linux. This gets sporadic mentions in forum. Process
> seems to get stuck / fail when a truncate table

I had some strange i/o events like this a few years ago and it turned out to be
a failing SCSI controller.  As soon as I moved to a new controller the problem
disappeared never to be seen again where it had been hanging on almost a daily
basis.  I've seen them since on a shared SAN storage config, but rarely.--