Re: Transfer Data to another tablespace with different name

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 19:30:31 +0200

This will MOVE the data from the source.
He wants to COPY it.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Dennis Williams wrote:
Amir,
Are any of your tables really large? I saw a demonstration years ago where EXCHANGE PARTITION was used to change the ownership of a table. Basically you can use EXCHANGE PARTITION to switch the ownership. You first exchange the table into a partition, then exchange that partition to another table owned by another user. Since this is just a dictionary change, there is no execution delay. I haven't needed to try this myself, but haven't heard this mentioned in awhile. Dennis Williams