Re: Tools - Oracle Spatial - Show maps

  • From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ecandrietta@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 07:50:29 -0600

I'm on 11.1.0.7 and I'm not sure of the version differences, but it
isn't to difficult to write a PL/SQL routine to output a KML file for
Google Earth (GE).

That's what I do for my Apex app, along with allowing the users to
draw polygons in GE and import those back into the database.

I 'think' in 11 there are also some built-in routines for native KML
(I know there is for GML), so those may even be easier to use once
your database is upgraded. But, I think the manual approach I took
would work on 10g.

--
-- Bill Ferguson