RE: Thumbs Up on Compression

  • From: "Post, David (Corporate)" <Dave.Post@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:42:47 -0500

These are much larger changes in results then I experienced with table
compression with no indexes.  The compression ratio measured in blocks was
also 50%.  But the run time difference was minimal.  At the time I my
thought was that logical IO was slower on compressed tables because of the
symbol table lookups for compressed columns and rebuilding each row.