Re: ThrowAway Method (TAM) from Martin Berg: Here it is

  • From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:38:57 +0100

Heh-heh. We HAVE to meet in real life, Mladen. It's one of my stretch
goals in life to get to have a beer or two with you - at a time.

Tuborg/Carlsberg is out. It's standard beer. It's the Danish equivalent
of Budweiser. Fine for standard things.

No, instead my co-director Lasse and I have decided to startup a micro
brewery ourselves. It shall be named Miracle Breweries A/S, and Lasse
signed the contract for the equipment last week en Austria, so we should
be able to do test-brews sometime in April or May, we gather. We might
actually even end up being re-sellers of the equipment in Scandinavia.
That would be our first-ever product that we sell.

The capacity will be 300 liters (or three hecto liters, as they say in
the brewing business). It takes about 6-8 hours to make a brew. Then it
has to be stored, etc., and that can take 6-10 weeks. We have initially
three or four tanks for that purpose, each with six hecto liter capacity.

You'll be pleased to know that Lasse did the calculation on costs -
excluding electricity, water and bottling, etc.:

Cost for brewing 3000 liters (yes, 3000, not 300) amounts to about 3000
kroner - so that's about 1 kroner per liter.

Out of those 3000 kroner, the 80 (eighty) is for materials (yeast, etc.)
and 2920 kroner is for the special tax on beer brewing. That's about 97%
or more. Impressive, isn't it?

Rachel and Dan Fink have both expressed an interest in getting a share
in Miracle Breweries, and I'll let you know when they're available. The
price will be 500 kroner for a share, and we guarantee you, that you'll
NEVER see your money again. We're also fairly certain that there will
never be a divident paid out, either.

However, you'll be allowed to come and create your own brew (don't have
to buy it, of course, just make it), there will be splendid shareholder
meetings, and there will be enough Miracle beer at our events.

See you around. Some day.

Mogens