RE: Third Party tool rant

  • From: "Kerber, Andrew" <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rgoulet@xxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:32:22 -0600

They don't need DBA access.  select_catalog_role or select any
dictionary is sufficient, and even those aren't needed if you just give
grants to the specific dba views that Toad uses.  The people at Quest
know this, and should know that you don't give dba privs to every
developer.

Andrew W. Kerber
Oracle DBA
UMB
816-860-3921
andrew.kerber@xxxxxxx

"If at first you dont succeed, dont take up skydiving"