Re: The dollar symbol in SQL script names and Unix

  • From: John Piwowar <jpiwowar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 16:06:04 -0400

Hi Tony,

In the bash shell, at least, it looks like the $ is interpolated if not
escaped, and confusing to  SQL*Plus even if it is escaped.  Granted, this
might be a peculiarity of the OS X SQL*Plus client.

zathras:SQL jpiwowar$ sqlplus jpiwowar@MACTEST @te$t.sql

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Thu May 6 16:00:36 2010
<header trimmed>
SP2-0310: unable to open file "te.sql"

zathras:SQL jpiwowar$ sqlplus jpiwowar@MACTEST @te\$t.sql

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Thu May 6 16:00:48 2010
<snip-snip>
SP2-0310: unable to open file "te$t.sql"

Regards,

John P.