Re: Temp usage on Linux vs solaris

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 23:10:18 -0700

Recommendations on triaging:
1) What are the parameter differences (anything that could impact execution
plans)
2) For a  given query with the issue, look at the before and after plans and
try and figure out what is causing this (get a 10053 trace and diff it)

Once you get #2 and look into the cause for the diff, then it can be
analyzed on what could be causing it.

Understand that the increased temp usage is the effect (symptom) of plans
changing and you want to get to the root cause of why that is the case.
If you have AWR data for both systems you can look at {sql_id,
plan_hash_values} comparisons assuming all the objects are identical.

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn