Table Replicated,index not used-BitOld

  • From: "GovindanK" <gkatteri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:19:12 -0700

Hello Team

I need your help on this. We were on 9.2.0.1 on solaris and had
two instances running on two separate machines; One was
production (PRD) and the other for administration/accounting
related (SHD). We have table replicated from PRD to SHD; The
number of distinct keys in both were the same and so is the
number of rows ; The query on prd returns results in few seconds
while on the shd instance it took long time without any hints ;
with hint it processes faster. The clustering factor was high

[1]http://www.geocities.com/dba_assist/oracle-l/prd.html

[2]http://www.geocities.com/dba_assist/oracle-l/shd.html

First i rebuilt the index ; There was no improvement in the
statistics. Dropped , Recreated, Analyzed .. No improvement. We
later migrated to 9.2.0.6 and now both  the instances are taking
same(=more) time and doing FTS.  If the optimizer could use the
index on the first occassion in PRD+9201 why it does not do it
now?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

GovindanK