Re: TAF for services or instances

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sulkdnl@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 08:03:16 -0500

Ahmed,

There is a lot you *can* do, but the realm of things that make sense is usually smaller :). That said, I'm not sure how TAF could be used for an instance. If your TNS connect descriptor requests INSTANCE_NAME, then I believe that will defeat TAF failover. That is, I don't think it makes sense to have FAILOVER=ON and INSTANCE_NAME=blah in the same descriptor. What are you trying to accomplish?

I like Jeremy Schneider's services whitepaper for a complete and thorough explanation of services, especially in a RAC context. It is on his website at http://www.ardentperf.com/pub/services-schneider07.pdf

Dan

Ahmed kdnl wrote:
Hi guys

I would like to get clarification on TAF .

TAF is working with serives only or we can define TAF for instance also ?
Please put some input on this .

Thanks in advance

ahmed

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l