Sustaining support question

  • From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:39:14 +0000

Hi All,

I had a quick question concerning sustaining support.  I have read the lifetime
support policy and such, but one of the items that I am not exactly clear on is
the level of technical support you receive while on sustaining support.

Can anyone provide a some clarification on what the impact of sustaining
support is on technical support?  I pulled the following from the documentation

- Sustaining support includes assistance with service requests, on a
commercially reasonable basis, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week
- Sustaining support does not include 24 hour commitment and response
guidelines for Severity 1 service requests as defined in the Severity Level
section below

Do you still have the option to open Severity 1 service requests while on
sustaining support?  What are the main differences from Premier support and
Sustaining support in regards to technical support?  (I understand the bug
fixes / CPU patch differences)

Thanks in advance