Re: Supporting MDX queries in 10gR2

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:10:21 -0700

Dave,

I asked my boss this morning where this was coming from.  He didn't know
either since it isn't on our product roadmap right now.  Our development
team tends to go off half-cocked at times and decide on a direction when it
hasn't been approved by executive management.  I asked for the requirements
doc so I could review it to see if EssBase would fit the bill or not--no
requirements doc has been done.  So who knows why they were asking or even
if they know what they're trying to accomplish.

I did hear back from my tech account manager at Oracle and he said that
EssBase should work on our platform.  Waiting for a final confirmation now,
although it doesn't appear the company is really ready to go down that road
right now anyway.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Sandy

--