Standby Database Archivelogs Backup/Removal?

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 09:21:26 -0500

Ok, so I have a physical standby database that I'm transferring logs to via
LGWR.  How do I remove the logs at the standby site after they've been applied?

I was under the impression that when I backed up the files on the primary, the
archivelogs would be removed from the standby - THINKING that through, I
realized that didn't make any sense after my remote archivelog destination
filled up.  Doh.

Thanks!

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.