Re: Sqlldr and standard input

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kennaim@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:23:52 -0500

On 02/05/2007 09:14:51 PM, Ken Naim wrote:
> I have googled and metalinked unsuccessfully for how to use standard
> input to provide data to sql loader. The purpose of this desire is to
> not have to uncompress, load and then recompress files for loading.

With new DBD::Oracle which supports array interface, you can use pathologically
eclectic rubbish lister instead of SQL*Loader. The speed is similar to
SQL*Loader
for almost everything except the largest files for which you do need direct
insert. I find it much easier to use much more versatile then SQL*Loader.

You can even read the file either from command line or standard input:

while (<>) {
chomp;
my @row=split /<regexp>/;
..