Re: Sql Developer

  • From: Asif Momen <asif_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DennisCutshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 00:48:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dennis,

  >>  We noticed that any user e.g. Scott, can look at many of the objects in
SYS and SYSTEM.  Is this a concern, or are those normally public?

  If you connect with "Scott" to Oracle Forms, you will be able to see many
objects of SYS and SYSTEM as well. Its NOT a concern as those are public
objects and visible to all users.

  Regards

Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I used to have Toad, and used to like it.
I switched to sqldev since 1.0 (even betas), and never looked back.
What I like the most is the extension framework (for reports, tabs and
navigator). If I find something missing, I just write the xml required to add
it (for those of you using it, point your 'check for update' to
http://arkzoyd.free.fr/center.xml, I wrote the xml parts).

rgds

  On 6/12/07, Dennis Cutshall < DennisCutshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

  We are looking at using Oracle's SQL Developer as a development tool.  Does
anyone have any experience with this product?  If so, please pass on your
findings.  We are particularly concerned about security.  We noticed that any
user e.g. Scott, can look at many of the objects in SYS and SYSTEM.  Is this a
concern, or are those normally public?

  Dennis

  Dennis Cutshall
Data Base Administrator