Sparky and network ports

  • From: "David" <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:52:58 -0700

I'm in the process of trying to setup the Sparky(hotsos) tool.
Our network is very locked down in terms of port access and the firewall
config guys already have enough on their plate, especially with the =
number
of servers and OEM port allows required...
Anyway...my question is...can a port once opened be used by any number =
of
tools simultaneously or as needed.
Sparky allows me to configure the port is use, so I would just like to =
use
one of the ports already opened, but in use by other tools...so long as =
that
introduces no issues.
I can use one of the OEM ports or the listener port if that poses no
isssues...
Thanks
David