Someone from Oracle says not oficially windows has problem with datafiles bigger than 1 GB???

  • From: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:29:13 -0400

Hi list
Please my customer received one email asking to resize a datafile
and he said
"According to the email you sent the datafile affected has a size more than
1gb, that could be causing the problem, because windows operating system has
problems managing datafiles bigger than 1GB. .... This information is not
official."

I think this is definitively wrong, but I don't have nothing official to say

do you have please some paper demonstrating that this seems to me ridiculous

or I'm wrong and this is true.

Thanks a lot.

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP