Slow Views...

  • From: "Mitchell Baldwin" <Mitchell.Baldwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:26:21 +0100

Hi All

I have a strange problem with some views on an 8.1.7 database (Solaris 8)

I have a top level view that unions 3 other views which is taking many minutes
to return, but the SQL from the sub views is returning in a total of 20secs for
all three queries.

Now the strange thing is the sub views are also going incredibly slow compared
to the underlying SQL.

I have made sure all the joins are indexed and have analysed the explain plan,
and its only doing index range scans.

I've also added the hint /* +RULE */ to stop hash joins.

I know there is an overhead for the views on views, but this seems a bit to
much !..

TIA

Mitch