Re: Slow Export

  • From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Smith, Ron" <rlsmith@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 11:08:29 -0500

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 08:43:42AM -0600, Smith, Ron wrote:
> It was the trace in the SQLNET.ORA.  The trace file had gotten to be over 2G.

Congrats.  It is really nice that this worked out so well.
Take a higher level look at the situation now that the house is
not burning down:

1. ask yourself if the method you used to solve the problem is reliable
2. create a changelog
3. edit the changelog when you make changes
4. include timestamps
5. check the changelog as needed
6. study Milsap, Holt
7. see yourself in chapt 1.  I know I saw myself.
8. if you don't have time, do it anyway
9. ok, ok, you don't have time.  read the cliffsnotes:
   http://www.oracle.com/technology/oramag/oracle/04-jan/o14tech_perf.html