Re: Simple auditing question

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:58:02 +0800

AUDIT TABLE only audits CREATE TABLE, TRUNCATE TABLE and DROP TABLE.  It
doesn't even audit ALTER TABLE and certainly does not audit query and dml.

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com
sent from my smartphone

On Dec 4, 2010 3:45 AM, "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

List,

I haven't used Oracle Auditing much, so this is probably a newbie
question. Need to turn on auditing for a high-volume OLTP database. My
understanding is that if I turn on AUDIT TABLE, it gets everything. I don't
need to know all the inserts, updates on these tables. Is there a simpler
audit setting? I probably am missing a concept.

Thanks,
Dennis Williams