Re: Silent install of Grid Infrastructure standalone 11.2 On Linux

  • From: Peter Hitchman <pjhoraclel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 10:44:16 +0100

Hi,
The are lots of advantages to having the standalone GI (Oracle
Restart) even if you do not have ASM. It automates the database and
listener startup for you and monitors them and re-starts (if it can)
if they crash. It lets you run the same command set as on a cluster.
If I can find a way to make the GUI display, then I will do it
interactively.

Regards
Pete