Shutdown -halt with RAC

  • From: "Henry Poras" <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:10:13 -0500

I've been playing around with a RAC system (10.1.0.4 on RedHat AS3), and
managed to crash it(no problem, I'm trying to see what can go wrong). It was
probably due to a corrupted Registry file (does ocrconfig -import work?). On
trying to export and then import a Registry file, then restart CRS, one of
our nodes removed itself (no longer visible from the network. Probable
crash). When our SysAdm went down to look, he said Oracle had 'halt'ed the
server. All the doc I have seen talks about 'reboot' under certain
conditions, but I have never seen a halt (or shutdown) mentioned anywhere.
Has anyone else seen (or seen documentation of) this behavior?

Henry