Re: Service wouldnt start in 8i

  • From: Mark John <mark_mit09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:31:24 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Jared,,,yes both are set to auto start - even if I go and manually start
the service it takes soem time and says service didnt respond in a timly
fashion and the status shows as starting forever....

Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Is the service set to start Automatic?

Is the database set to autostart?
( ORA_<SID>_AUTOSTART set to TRUE in the registry)

  On 11/29/05, Mark John <mark_mit09@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Hi All
  OS - XP
  Oracle - 8i (one of our clients has 8i and doents want to change)
  I created a simple db throught hte DB config assistant. and was able to
login. But once the machine is restarted when I try to login it says ORACLE not
available. wen I checj the service through control panel - the particular srv
is keeps on saying startng...tnslsner is started
  I tried creating a new service thru oradim and starting it - it says errors
in processign parameters...went into sql plus and did startup pfile...open
recover...it says db mounted etc,,,but the service doenst start at all?
  Any suggestion would be welcome - Is 8i and xp angry with each other?

Jared Still