RE: Selective export

  • From: Abhishek Gurung <abhishek.gurung@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nigel.cl.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Oracle Freelist <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 15:46:49 +0530

Hi

Thanks for your reply.
What I want is like this
I need selected data from three tables not whole tables e.g
select * from emp where empid = 1
select * from dept where deptid = 2
select * from countries where countryid = 3

Regards
Abhishek
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 08:09:45 +0100
Subject: Re: Selective export
From: nigel.cl.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: abhishek.gurung@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

(Taken from http://wiki.oracle.com/page/Oracle+export+and+import+)

To export specific tables to disk:

- Login to server which has an Oracle client

  exp SYSTEM/password FILE=expdat.dmp TABLES=(scott.emp,hr.countries) -the
above command uses two users : scott and hr

  exp <user>/<password> FILE=scott.dmp TABLES=(emp,dept) the above is only for
one user

Note that in first case user doesn't have to be SYSTEM, but does need access to
the tables being exported.

HTH Nigel

On 9 May 2011 07:50, Abhishek Gurung <abhishek.gurung@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I want to export selective data from three tables in one dump.
Can anyone suggest me how it can be done?
If it is not possible can I combine the three dump files into one?

Thankyou.

Regards

Abhishek