Re: Security privilege escalation

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 21:48:51 -0400

On 7/12/22 12:19, Noveljic Nenad wrote:

I found a way to escalate privileges from grid to root.

Am I allowed to publish the information on my blog?

Best regards,

Nenad

Don't do it. Once upon a time, I found the way to escalate privileges to SYSDBA by using external job execution. I published the details on the Usenet. I was being reproached even 2 years after that. Even my boss at the time asked me whether I am trying to get the company's databases hacked. Basically,  I've got my 5 minutes of glory and several years of "what were you thinking?". Pete Finnegan published that there was a vulnerability and I played with the software, figured out what the vulnerability was, and published the details. Today, I am sorry that I have. I wouldn't do it today.

Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant
Tel: (347) 321-1217
https://dbwhisperer.wordpress.com