Security alert #68 - new version for 8.1.7.4 - AIX 32 bit

  • From: schauss@xxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:57:10 +0000

I just received an email from Oracle Global Product Support
announcing that they had found a "problem" with the original
version of the patch.  Has anyone else received this and
tried to install it?  Was this only for 32 bit AIX 8.1.7.4
or have others received a similar notice?

As far as I can tell the only difference between the old
and new versions is that they have replaced an object called
"ngslcst.o" with "2#nglcst.o".

thanks,
Peter Schauss