RE: Schema Design for Surveys

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:15:02 -0500

why not a shallow table:

Survey and Question could be setup as one or probably two tables then

ques_responses
 survey_no                      inherited from Survey
 question_no            inherited from Question
 response_no            identifier for the response
 response_text          the response itself

user_responses
 user or survey occurrence no    (to indicate one set of survey results)
 survey_no,
 question_no,
 response_no

Obviously the board does not know all the details and required features but
this came to mind and perhaps it will give you something to think about.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --